March 22, 2008

Recurrence and bridging between Art and Design




The aspect of thematic recurrence is very interesting, specially when separated by more than 20 years.
In 1985 I used Chinese paper and inks and finished the painting with acrylics. It was my personal interpretation of a shan shui, a landscape painting with a surface covered by a very complex topography.
Then we just sent out our Easter Card to clients and friends. Suddenly it just made a click on my mind.
In our website main image the water is also topographic and an interesting relation can be found between the two.
This, I would say, creates one of the various threads I use in expressing my visual thoughts. Only that they are separated by 23 years, since our website was revamped early this year.
Meantime, Happy Easter!

: : Ars Cives Art Director : :